Contributors

Monday, September 14, 2026

White Christmas Updates and Reminders

 Hello all,

Firstly - thank you for all the work you've started putting into White Christmas music rehearsals!  Please read through this blog post carefully for some reminders and answers to some great questions that I've gotten from a couple folks.

1. Please look at the calendar carefully and MAKE SURE you're at rehearsal if you didn't submit an excused absence.  Unexcused absences can result in being cut from the number or cut from the show if you have more than one. 

2. If you miss a rehearsal because of an excused absence, YOU are still responsible for learning the material taught.  It will NOT be re-taught.  If you don't know the material you missed by the time that scene, song, or dance is reviewed, it is very likely that you will be removed from that number.  Make sure you have contact info for folks in your group/vocal part.  There will be a Google Drive set up at the end of the week where videos of blocking and choreo will be uploaded for review.

3. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE REMIND!!!  If you are not, please find Emiline and get her help by Friday at the latest.  You will owe me burpees or a detailed, obnoxious apology picture if you or your parent/guardian isn't on the Remind by Friday.

4. Receipts and character work are due today - what I've already received has been great and so fun to read through!  Again, burpees or dramatic apology picture if late.  If more than a couple days late, you may be kept out of rehearsals until turned in.

5. Linking the calendar again HERE.  There are a handful of dates that are shaded in pink that I'll have detailed out by the end of the day.  Thank you so much for being flexible and patient while I've gotten our rehearsal calendar squared away.  I appreciate you!

6. Featured dancers, Phils, Judys, Bobs need tap shoes!  Suzys, Bettys, and Bobs I'd love to chat with y'all about potentially tapping in I Love A Piano-can you find me during Advisory or rehearsal this week and let me brainstorm this with you pls :).  (Bobs you'll be tapping in Happy Holidays/Let Yourself Go for sure.)  HERE is an option for a flat, or oxford style tap shoe.  And HERE is an option for a heeled tap.  My color preference is black for a flat tap and tan for a heeled tap BUT if you already have tan flat tap shoes or a heeled black tap shoe that is totally fine!  If you don't have your taps by this Friday, that is a-ok, but please do your best to have them by 9/25.  If you are a character who taps but you don't have your shoes this Friday, you will be fine to learn choreo in a character shoe or a hard soled shoe- try to bring something other than a sneaker or shoe with a rubber sole if possible.

Ok - I'm sure that I'll have more to update and share soon but that's it for now.  Again, PLEASE make sure you're on the Remind and checking that daily.

Thank you lots!

-Cline