Hey Shakes Team!
A few reminders for Monday's rehearsal:
1) You need to bring full blacks and all costume pieces that will be left at the school beginning Monday (9/21). We will be starting at 2:45pm on stage in a circle, SO please change into blacks by this time. This means, the PAC will be open right after school and you have a full twenty minutes to change into blacks and then meet on stage - please be on time.
2) Please bring some things to do your hair - we will have a few minutes for this if needed, but if you CAN get it done ahead, that would be ideal. Here are some reference pictures of what I would like.
Ensemble, Child Mcduff, Murderers, Banquo, Fleance: Please pull your hair back in a NEAT bun or braids. Male short hair, I have to be able to see your eyes, so it can be as is if so or needs to be slicked pinned if not. Most I think are fine.
Witches: I love this vibe! Again - has to be at least half up and BIG - can be teased, add some dark or black fake hair (if wanted), fake twigs.... MESSY. We will add the green crystal pieces in on Monday after you show me what you came up with!
3) Makeup wise we will be experimenting with what we want on Monday. What would be helpful is to have a basic powder for your face - like a pressed cover powder. Please go to a store and pick up one that matches YOUR skin-tone OR is slightly lighter - not darker. We have a few here at Alta you can share, but mostly light to beige colors. We will provide all of the color and cool things to try on your faces. :)
4) Bring snacks and water bottles! We will offer breaks, but you're here longer times this coming week. On MONDAY we will make one change - everyone is called till 5:30pm and then Competing IEs are called 5:30-6:30pm. Competing IE People - make sure on Monday you are 100% solid to show your piece newly cleaned and blocked and READY TO GO! We will only have three more times together to really work on things and I want you to feel confident.
The rest of the week is listed below:
Tuesday - 2:30-6:30pm FULL CAST
Wednesday - 2:30-5:30pm FULL CAST and then ALL IEs 5:30-6:30pm (with full costume, props and set - please bring this over to the PAC BEFORE Wednesday's rehearsal.
Thursday - NO Shakes
Friday - 8am-2pm is scheduled; I MIGHT shorten this, but for now plan on the full time and to bring lunch. You will know by Wednesday if we are shortening.... so avoid asking before then cause I'll say I don't know yet. :)
Saturday/Sunday - NO Shakes
And then it's a day rehearsal on Monday the 28th, a LONG evening rehearsal on Tuesday the 29th, and Night of Shakespeare on the 30th at 6pm (call time 4:30pm). Please start spreading the word on this - also, PLEASE ask parents if anyone wants to see it for free and can take tickets. I would love to have that figured out by Tuesday and I'll guarantee your scene isn't going first! :)





